CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chevron Obsession & New Word Wall

The summer went by so fast!!! This summer, I really went after relaxing as much as possible and NOT doing anything for work until the second week of August. Needless to say, it was the best summer ever! I am all relaxed and ready for the school year! After searching for projects and pinning them on my Pintrest account all summer long, I decided to get the ball running with a few projects. It was a bit discouraging to find close to NO resources for Bilingual Teachers so translating and having to start things from scratch was the road ahead of me. Sometimes, I wish I could teach in an all English/Regular classroom... only when I see so many amazingly CUTE and at times FREEEEEEE things out there and I have to make things from scratch. But anywho, enough of my rant... I LOVE Bilingual Education! :) 

Word Wall Labels
Word Wall Heading/Title
Back to my projects. Thanks to Mel Stampz's free Chevron Digital Paper I was able to be inspired and begin designing my new and improved Word Wall . I am completely in LOOOOVEEE with the Chevron Digital Paper! Check out my Word Wall labels. It took forever to format everything, but it was totally worth it! I'm sure there's a better and faster way to do it, but I'm definitely a newbie with all this digital stuff. For my word wall heading/title, I decided to make a hanging banner using left over ribbon from my wedding... I've been trying to use up all the ribbon already! Its been 2 years since we got married and I still have a bag filled with ribbon.
                    
 I am definitely obsessed with the chevron paper. I also created some labels for organizational purposes. I was some great ideas to reduce all my paper clutter by using a plastic container. Here's an example from Mrs. Kiser's Classroom Blog. I created my labels using... you guessed it, the chevron digital paper. 

My Labels
Ms. Kiser's Example

  I also created the posters for my Daily 5 Cafe Menu! I printed these as whole pages per letter. I was so happy to have been able to translate successfully.
This will be my 1st year using the board and I am so excited!

 I'm really glad I was able to find a pattern that I can use to decorate my classroom. I think it will make things look organized and consistent with all the colors. I also hope that it is inviting for the students. I can't wait to go to my classroom tomorrow and begin putting everything up. I definitely can't wait to post the pictures! I'd love to hear what y'all think! Oh, and if you are a Bilingual Teacher and would like to use any of these products, please send me a message and I can try and email you the files.


Love,
Mrs. Breaux

0 comments:

Post a Comment