CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 5, 2011

Treasure Chest Project


My DIY Treasure Chest Project




I have been wanting to purchase a Treasure Chest Box for some time now but never got around to it. Today, my husband encouraged me to make my own! He even took me to Michael's and helped me pick out the paint. As soon as I got home, I began with my project. ( I can be a tad impatient at times) I started with a medium sized wooden chest (14.99) and three Crafter's Acrylic Paint:  
                             Country Maple, Burnt Umber, and Antique Gold. 

Here's What I did: 
1. I began by painting the entire chest with two coats of Country Maple

2. Once it was dry, I used Burnt Umber to paint the edges.
3. Once that dried, I used Antique Gold to paint the golden bolts and lock.

4. Using a hot glue gun, I glued a wooden pirate flag from Michael's

5. Using a Paint Pen I wrote in the words: Mrs. Breaux's Treasure chest... and tah-dah! I have a treasure chest!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment